Men over 40 who’ve Type 2 diabetes may face an elevated risk for developing penile yeast-based infections. The word “yeast infection” generally refers to a vaginal infection caused by the yeast Candidiasis, and less commonly other Candida species, including C. glabrata, C. parapsilosis, C. tropicalis, and C. krusei.
A yeast infection of the penis is called candidal (or candida) balanitis, or balanitis thrush. Causes and Risk Factors of Candidal Balanitis or Penile Yeast Infection: Unlike with vaginal yeast infections, penile yeast infections are usually sexually acquired – whenever a man has sex with someone who has a yeast infection. Treating Penile Yeast Infections (Yeast Infection in Men)Like vaginal yeast-based infections, penile yeast-based infections are often treated with antifungal drugs called azoles.
- Yes, men can get yeast infections.
- Symptoms of Male YEAST-BASED INFECTIONS (Candidal Balanitis) Burning and itching around the head of the penis, which worsens after having sex. Redness and swelling. Small, rash-like bumps called papules, which might have pus. Pain during urination or sex.
- Although uncommon, men can get a yeast infection by having unsafe sex with a woman with candidal vaginitis. It usually appears as small white spots, redness, or a dry, peeling rash on the penis accompanied by itching, irritation, or burning.
- Thrush outward signs in men. irritation, burning and redness around the top of the penis and under the foreskin. a white discharge (like cottage cheese) an unpleasant smell. difficulty pulling back the foreskin.
- Yeast infections may appear in men, causing inflammation of the penis (balanitis). Learn what signs and symptoms could mean you have a yeast infection.
What Exactly Are The Symptoms Of Thrush In Men?
Symptoms of thrushredness, scratching, and using on the head of the penis, and under the foreskin.white discharge from the site of chlamydia resembling cottage cheese.annoying smell.difficulty pulling back the foreskin.pain and irritation when you have sex.pain when you urinate. 
Can A Guy Give A Girl Thrush?
Although possible, most experts say that male yeast-based infections aren’t usually the result of unprotected sex and often develop in men who aren’t sexually active. However, if you have a normal female partner, it is most probably that she will also be carrying Candida in her vagina. 
Can Men Use Canesten Cream?
Men with symptoms of thrush should apply Canesten thrush cream thinly to the penis 2-3 times each day for up to two weeks. Rub the cream in gently and then wash the hands. Men should keep employing this cream until the symptoms of the problem have solved.