You may safely treat an infection from yeast during pregnancy with various over-the-counter antifungal vaginal creams or suppositories. However, it’s best to confirm with your health care provider that your symptoms are in reality due to a yeast infection prior to starting treatment. Yeast infections are specially common during pregnancy because hormone changes can disrupt the pH balance of the vagina.
- Discover why you’re more susceptible to yeast infections during pregnancy and how to approach them.
- Yeast infections are normal in women, in particular when you’re pregnant.. Yeast-based infections aren’t pleasant, but they won’t hurt you or your child. Plus they can be safely treated, usually with a topical cream.
- Yeast infections are caused by an overgrowth of an otherwise normal vaginal fungus called Candida albicans. When the total amount of bacteria and yeast in the vagina is altered – usually when estrogen levels rise due to pregnancy, oral contraceptive use or estrogen remedy – this yeast may overgrow and cause symptoms.
- Women that are pregnant develop vaginal yeast infections easily, so get useful hints about how you can lower your risk…
- Yeast infections are normal during pregnancy.
- QUESTION My pregnant patients often present with symptomatic vaginal yeast-based infections.
Is It Safe To Use Monistat During Pregnancy?
It won’t. You’ll oftimes be uncomfortable for a while, but baby will be just fine, so long as you get treatment. What’s the best way to treat an infection from yeast? Over-the-counter treatments like Terazol or Monistat are considered safe during pregnancy – but before you utilize one, you should get the okay from your OB. 
How Come My Vigina Itch During Pregnancy?
“Because there’s a rise in vaginal discharge during pregnancy, it can cause irritation of the skin of the vulva.” So that it could just be because of your discharge, or it could be an indicator of contamination like a yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, herpes or HPV.