Overview A vaginal candidiasis (vaginal candidiasis) is caused by an overgrowth of an fungus that naturally lives in your vagina, called Candida albicans. If this is your first time experiencing the symptoms of an infection from yeast, you should visit a gynecologist to verify that you actually have an infection from yeast.
Boric acid Boric acid is a robust antiseptic that some women claim pays to for treating yeast-based infections that are resistant to other remedies. Some health websites claim boric acid vaginal suppositories can also be effective in treating vaginal yeast infections. Preventing vaginal yeast-based infections Follow these pointers to help prevent future yeast-based infections.
- Uncomplicated yeast infection. Short-course vaginal therapy. Antifungal medications can be found as creams, ointments, tablets and suppositories. Single-dose orally administered medication. Your doctor might prescribe a one-time, single oral dose of the antifungal medication fluconazole (Diflucan). Over-the-counter treatment.
- Most diagnosed yeast infections can be treated with over-the-counter vaginal creams, tablets, and suppositories.
- Treating vaginal yeast-based infections typically requires killing the fungi with antifungal medication.
- Learn how you can treat your candidiasis at home using an internal treatment containing clotrimazole or an oral treatment containing fluconazole.
- Guides you through the decision to treat a vaginal candidiasis yourself.
What Is The Best Treatment For An Infection From Yeast?
A treatment strategy of azole medications for seven to 14 days can successfully clear a yeast infection. Medication is usually vaginal cream, ointment, tablet or suppository. Multidose oral medication. Your doctor might prescribe several doses of fluconazole to be taken by mouth rather than vaginal therapy.
How Long Will It Take For A Yeast Infection To Go Away?
Mild yeast infections may get rid of in only three times. Sometimes, they don’t even require treatment. But average to severe attacks may take one or two weeks to clear.