Your doctor might prescribe a one-time, solitary oral dose of the antifungal medication fluconazole (Diflucan). Or, you may take two solitary doses three times apart to control severe symptoms. Over-the-counter treatment.
- Many yeast infection remedies come in 1-day, 3-day, and 7-day strengths.
- Oral Antifungal Medications. Your physician might prescribe a one-time dose of fluconazole (Diflucan) if you have a severe infection. This drug kills fungus and yeast throughout your body, so you may have minor side effects, such as stomach upset or headaches, for a short while afterward.
- Many treatments are available for an infection from yeast, a few of which an individual can administer at home.
- Compare risks and benefits of common medications used for Vaginal Yeast Infection.
- Overgrowth inflames the vagina and creates discharge, odor, irritation, and/or itching. Find out about yeast infection treatment, medications, risk, and side effects.
What Antibiotic Is Best For Candidiasis?
Nearly all women can treat yeast-based infections aware of these medications:miconazole (Monistat-7, M-Zole)tioconazole (Vagistat Vaginal)butoconazole (Femstat)clotrimazole (Femizole-7, Gyne-Lotrimin)
How Do You Cure An Infection From Yeast At Home?
Home cures: Over-the-counter treatments. Antifungal treatments in the form of lotions or pessaries can be bought over-the-counter to treat yeast infections. Boric acid. Genital boric acid tablets can work for girls with a yeast infection. Tea tree oil. Probiotic supplements. Plain yogurt. Coconut oil. Garlic. Oil of oregano.